40 books in a year means....
40 books =3.333 books/month (or 3 books + a third of a different book.)
40 books=.76 books/week (or almost finishing a book every week.)
40 books=.1095books/day (or I read about 10% every day.)
There were good books, bad books, tedious books and some that were completely awesome. I didn't make notes on every book; I'm terrible with reliability. So, I guess....
1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman (ARC from LibraryThing Early Reviewers program) 5 stars
2. Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, Book 6) by Richelle Mead 5 stars--so ridiculously amazing and perfect, and if you read just one YA paranormal series, it should be Vampire Academy!
3. Secret Society by Tom Dolby 3 stars
4. Matched by Ally Condie 3 stars
5. Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda 5 stars--unlike anything else on the YA market, very "girl-power," and if you don't want your daughter to read the Twilight books, let her read this.
6. Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook 3 stars
7. Virals by Kathy Reichs 3 stars
8. Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon 4.5 stars
9. Department 19 by Will Hill (ARC from LibraryThing Early Reviewers program) 5 stars
10. Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin (ARC from LibraryThing Early Reviewers program) 1 star
11. Hunger (Riders of the Apocalypse) by Jackie Morse Kessler 4.5 stars
12. On the Edge (The Edge, Book 1) by Ilona Andrews 4.5 stars
13. Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God by Jenny B. Jones 4 stars
14. Night Myst (Indigo Court, Book 1) by Yasmine Galenorn 4 stars
15. Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love 4 stars overall
16. Blood Heat (Blood Lines, Book 4) by Maria Lima 5 stars, I love this series and it deserves a lot more attention than it has.
17. I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies) 4 stars, and I'm not listing "Pitticus Lore" as the author because he isn't, he's a character in the series.
18. The Sight by Judy Blundell 4 stars
19.The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman 2 stars--I really had to struggle to stick with this one. Also, I received it as an ARC from the LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program.
20. I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power 5 stars--If you've ever struggled with Perfectionism, READ THIS!
21. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 5 stars, and one of the best I've read in a long time!
22. Rise of the Wolf: Book 1 (Wereworld) by Curtis Jobling 2 stars--I just couldn't get into the setting/world at all. Younger male readers may really enjoy this one though. I'm having to compare it to 5 star books like Nightshade and Linger, so it's not fair. (ARC from LibraryThing Early Reviewers program)
23. Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon 3.5 stars
24. Blood Sacrifice by Maria Lima 5 stars! Superb ending, though I hope to see more of Keira and Adam one day.
25. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead 3.5 stars, and a slow start to a new series set in the same world as Vampire Academy. I'm enough of a fan to be sure the storyline will pick-up in future books.
26.Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2) by Andrea Cremer (I much prefer the previous cover art, but oh well.) WOW!! One of the best books this year!! 5 stars
27. Dark Descendant by Jenna Black 4 stars, an excellent Urban Paranormal
28.Firelight by Sophie Jordan 2.5 stars..not my cup of tea. maybe for a younger audience?
29. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa Wow! I can see why everyone is excited about this series--it's very good! 5 stars for making the "generic" faery tale new again!
30.The Fallen 1: The Fallen and Leviathan by Thomas E. Sniegoski 3.5 stars
31. Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One) by Kevin Hearne 5 stars, seriously, I'm so in love with Atticus...or Oberon--and you will not read a funnier paranormal novel like this one
32. Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book Two) by Kevin Hearne 5 stars, same feeling as with book 1--freaking awesome, don't miss this one!
33.The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch totally dropped the ball at the end 3 stars at most
34. As an ARC from the Early Readers group on LibraryThing: Tempest: A Novel (Tempest - Trilogy) by Julie Cross Finished and loved! read my review :)
35. Split by Swati Avasthi loved! read my review :)
36.Cast in Shadow (The Chronicles of Elantra, Book 1) by Michelle Sagara Not too bad, a solid 3.5 stars and now I'm on to book 2!
37. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves This got a little "out there," even for me... If you're living in a strange, seriously messed-up town, why don't you simply MOVE? I couldn't really believe in the story because I kept wondering why people still lived in that town. 2.5 stars :(
38. AGAIN and still loving every second of it!City of Bones (Mortal Instruments book 1) by Cassandra Clare
39. AGAIN and still loving every second of it! City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments book 2) by Cassandra Clare
40. AGAIN and still loving every second of it! City of Glass (Mortal Instruments book 3) by Cassandra Clare