Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Safe and Sound--on the web :)

Ever get one of those OCD projects, where you realize halfway into it that you didn't need to do all this, but by then you've put time and effort into it so darnit, better to just keep on....  Add in that it's also one of those times where you know you created something on your computer but it insists that you didn't? 

Yup.  All night long.

So now I'm going to make use of this amazing electronic world and "store" my beautiful OCD list of World of Warcraft books in mostly chronological order here on my blog, where I'll probably never look at it again.....  Not very interesting to most, I know, but here it is so I never have to do this again!  I've also emailed it to myself. :)  But maybe someone else can find this list if they need it one day.

I'm also working on a general list of all the series books I read.  I plan to print this sucker out and tape it on a shelf where each series books are stored.  Another part of my OCD is that I cannot start a book or series unless I've read the previous books.  Even if I'm loving the book, I'll put it aside until I get caught up with the one I'd started.

I'm a sick, sick person sometimes....

I did manage to find two excellent chronological lists, and without them, well, it wouldn't have been pretty this morning at all!
So thank you:
Eric J. Weldon for his "Warcraft Books In Order" list on Amazon.com, 
and since I can't find a name to honor, I'll just say that the WoWWiki is so incredibly helpful, especially this completely awesome "Novel Guide" which helped me along my way.  It's an  extremely helpful resource for a game as complex as World of Warcraft., no matter how long you've played.  

I also for the sake of my family decided not to try to hunt down some of the stray short stories; I'm not really into "short stories" on their own, and I also made a choice to stop when I did, although I've been sitting here playing around with the colors, etc, and I am seriously stopping this now!


World of Warcraft fiction
The War of the Ancients Trilogy by Richard A. Knaak:
The Well of Eternity
The Demon Soul”
The Sundering”  And using the info from the WoWWiki, "ancient" is seriously ancient, being set a whopping 10,000 years ago and yet still being somehow relevant to the present.......


*Day of the Dragon by Richard A Knaak
*Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden
*The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb
*Of Blood and Honor by Chris Metzen
=The Warcraft Archive Omnibus
Cycle of Hatred by Keith R. A. DeCandido **this book begins exactly one year before (“vanilla”) WoW**
***Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden
***Tides of Darkness by Aaron Rosenberg
***Beyond the Dark Portal by Christie Golden and Aaron Rosenberg
+”*The Last Guardian” by Jeff Grubb
***=Chronicles of War Omnibus
Night of the Dragon by Richard A. Knaak
Arthas: Rise of the Lich King by Christie Golden (this prologue and epilogue take place just before WotLK)
Stormrage by Richard A. Knaak
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm by Christie Golden
Wolfheart by Richard A. Knaak
Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects by Christie Golden

Pin It

No comments: