Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Don't Cook....

I don't cook.  I'm not a person who seeks new recipes and proudly garnishes plates of delicious meals for my family and friends.  I think I used to be, but I don't think so.  I know for certain that I've never been a "baker;" baking requires precise measurement and I'm more of a "pinch of this or that" spontaneous cook.  I've ruined no less than 4 attempts of homemade fudge, so I know for sure that I cannot bake.

But I found this recipe through Pinterest for "Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars," and it sounded truly easy and something my family would love.  So last night while my husband cooked dinner, I made these delicious bars for dessert.  Yum!  No, seriously, they rock!


And here's a few action shots of my son, demonstrating how awesome these taste:

Out of focus, but what a great shot it could have been!
I've found several other recipes on the Six Sisters' Stuff blog that I want to try.  Their recipe list is enormous!  They have crafts too.  I'm so glad I found them through Pinterest!

Recipe: Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars (They adapted this from Baker Lady)

Ingredients
1 cup butter melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (use the boxed kind, or grind them in a food processor. Tiny granules.) I used normal graham crackers and just crushed them while they were still wrapped in the bags; the uneven sizes made these yummier, in my opinion.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar (aka powdered sugar)
1 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. (I did mine in a 9X9 square pan because I wanted them thicker) (And I used a 7x10 pan, maybe?  No idea, but it wasn't either of these 2 sizes.  As long as the mixture fits with room for the chocolate on top, I don't think it matters.)  

In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted until smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.
Pin It

No comments: