Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Word, One Goal, One Year

I found a great idea on Less Cake More Frosting--choose a word to focus on all year long, instead of making New Year's Resolutions. I've traced this idea around blogland, and found this with a similar idea: Ali Edwards' project: One Little Word 2012 | The Words

I always forget my resolutions, or feel guilty about them and end up feeling ashamed. This is a new year, and I'm going to try something new.

I love words!
I really do. Words can be used to heal and to hurt. Words can change emotions and even the future. As James learns more and more sight words, I really notice just how amazing--and confusing--our language can be. The subtle differences of a color are a good representative: this Wikipedia page actually names over 20 versions of pink!

I'm a true bibliophile and I L-O-V-E my books. I love books from when I was little all the way to the one I'm reading right now! I've read books to my son almost every day of his entire life. Recently I've been able to read WITH him as well :)

I spent time really listening to my soul on this One Word One Year thing, and I've chosen:
Reduce
There are so many different meanings, so I'm cautiously excited to see where REDUCE leads me this year. Some ideas already:
  • reduce time in front of my computer and playing with family instead
  • reduce money wasted on grocery shopping by sticking to a list
  • reduce my fears
  • reduce regrets
  • reduce not listening for God's guidance
  • reduce unhappiness
  • reduce my useless drive for perfection
  • reduce my horribly unorganized & out-of-control craft supplies
  • reduce shame
  • reduce loneliness
Hmmm, I'm starting to get a little freaked out now....
  • Reduce making lists that only trigger more anxiety!!
So, let's see where "Reduce" leads me this year :)
Pin It

No comments: