Thursday, April 12, 2012

Choosing Colors and Dreaming of Vacations Yet To Come


I wrote part of this last fall, and my palette fascination has only gotten worse....  Are you addicted to palettes?  I can't get enough of them, it's completely ridiculous!  I have managed to group my favorite color combinations color palettes with favorite furniture refabs, etc. on my "Furniture, Painting & Colors" Pinterest board.  I have yet to do anything with them, but they're grouped together, lol!

But I haven't always been so spoiled by Design Seeds!  I actually have a secret and unproven but cool way to see some (only some) design trends and color schemes before they hit their peak.  Find a luxury condo rental company for where you'd like to feel your home is when you're in your house--the beach, the mountains, the ocean floor, whatever, lol.  You'll see some VERY expensive, very RENTED, heavily designed rooms.  And a lot of the time, these trickle down to the rest of us.  The furniture is usually easily damaged cosmetically but photographs beautifully so that people will want to rent their specific condo, even from far away.  The furniture is easily fixed but not worth the effort, so it's sold to someone, who re-sells it, and suddenly a Miami condo sofa is in New Mexico!

Turquoise and lime, which I can't get enough of right now, was the 2nd major trend at luxury condos after the initial re-model from Hurricane Ivan.  Ivan was 2004, condos rebuilt and re-decorated by 2007, furniture lasts at most 2 years, thus we're in Wal-Mart in 2011 dreaming of bright blue seas :)

I'm no decorator, it could be a Southern thing, it could be that I just love turquoise blue, but I think it's worth an evening surfing the web with your loved ones, dreaming of new places to go and seeing what they look like when you get there!
Pin It

No comments: