Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Word Review of 2013


In 2013, my word for the year was BETTER.  I think it was one of the most successful words possible and my life was better in 2013 in more ways than I can count.  My year was "of a superior quality" than any year in my recent past.  I got out of my comfort zone more often than not.  I made sure that my life was transparent in such a way that I was living up to my morals and values.  No secrets, no lies, no shame.  My year was "morally superior and more virtuous."

My health has undergone an amazing "improvement."  On December 10 I had gastric bypass surgery.  In the past 27 days I've lost more than 30 pounds, and I'm down more than 50 pounds since October.  By the time I left the hospital, my blood pressure was back to normal and I no longer need medication for it.  In fact, I've been able to stop taking several medications.  I'll write more about my gastric bypass in another post. 

My life is now "preferable" in every way in comparison to my life in the past 15 years or so.  It is "more" in all the best ways imaginable.

This is not to say my life is perfect; it isn't.  In fact, it's far from perfect.  And I don't want a perfect life--I believe there is no such thing and to have that as a goal is to fail before beginning.  But my life is better than it was a year a ago when I chose my word for the new year.  That was my goal, and I have succeeded.

I discovered my strength this year.  My creativity has flowed in new directions.  I discovered courage in my heart during times when I thought there was none to be found.  2013 will be remembered as one of the best years of my life!


Pin It

No comments: